Yes, even if you’re paying by cash, we’d need your credit card number as a security deposit. Please show the credit card under the renter’s name.
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Under Hawaii state law, Japanese are allowed to drive a car with valid Japanese Driver’s License if it’s within 1 year after entering the U.S. In order to prove that it’s within 1 year after the entry to the U.S., please be sure to carry your passport at all times. Nevertheless, there are many cases where Japanese are caught by local police officers as unlicensed driving, just because the local police officers cannot recognize Japanese Driver’s License. As recommended by Consulate General of Japan in Honolulu, obtaining International Driver’s License is strongly recommended.
Under the Hawaii State Law, child seats requirements are determined by the age. Please note the following:
- 0～Under 4 years old: Child Seat at the rear seat.
- Above 4 years old～Under 8 years old: Booster Seat at the rear seat.
We have child seat for 0～Under 1 year old, which can be placed rear facing.
- Please be sure to call the police and ambulance (both telephones are 911) at the accident site when the accident happens. Please get an accident certificate (accident report number). ※ If you don’t make a request at the accident site, you will not be able to obtain an accident certificate. Please note that the insurance / compensation system will not be applied if there is no accident certificate.
- Please make a note of the license plate, driver’s name, address, telephone number, and Driver’s License number of the person involved in the accident. (It’s easy to take a photo of the front and back of the driver’s license)
- Please contact us and fill out the accident report.